Monday, February 9, 2009

Oh What Fun!




I have had a ball, reading and finding out about all the wonderfully talented people out there. I'm learning, and would appreciate any constructive imput and help. After all, I not only want to tell you what's going on in my live and the people that I am closest to, but I want to be an inspiration to others too.



I decided to cut loose and paint a pie safe that I bought 17 years ago when I got married. I've had it in my main restroom all this time, holding lots and lots of junk---ugh....so, after so many ladies inspiring me to Get With It, I decluttered and painted. Now ladies, I couldn't get too daring with my paint, so I painted a solid black. Please let me know what you think.........

Photobucket

3 comments:

AUDREY {LIL' BOOGER BLOG} said...

I love it!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

My goodness Linda! It doesn't even look like the same piece of furniture! It is beautiful! Great job! Did you sand it first? I need to get some things painted around here and have been afraid to do so! You make it look easy!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Linda said...

Hi Maryjane,

Thanks for the compliment! I did not sand it, it was so worn I didn't think that it needed it,but if it had had a lot of varnish on it, or really beat up, I may have lightly sanded it. I used a satin paint from Lowes, Velspar I think it was black paint, rolled it on with a smooth roller- only took about 3 hours and it was done--easy. By the way I love your blog! Thanks and blessings to you, Linda